Can you imagine a gluten free & dairy free biscuit recipe that is also delicious, moist and full of flavor? This biscuit recipe is actually all of that! I adapted this recipe from a chicken pot pie recipe (coming soon!) but the biscuits are good enough to stand alone or be used for other meals.
For the first few years after I had to adapt my diet to be gluten free, I gave up bread altogether. Finally I started trying some different brands and have only found one, Outside the Breadbox in Colorado Springs that is actually worth the calories. Just recently I have experimented with baking gluten free breads at home and have had quite a few flops! I was excited when this one was actually a success!
My ingredient recommendations:
- You can use any 1 to 1 gluten free baking flour (I used Bob’s Red Mill but I also love Cup 4 Cup).
- Melt Organic is always my favorite (healthy) butter replacement
- I have switched to using cashew milk more so than almond milk because we may have an almond sensitivity in the family too. (ugh)
Let me know how you like it!! ,
- 2 1/2 cups of Gluten Free 1 to 1 baking flour
- 4 t baking powder
- 2 t sugar
- 1/2 t salt
- 1/2 cup butter replacement (I use Melt Organic)
- 1 T white vinegar
- 1 cup of unsweetened cashew milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder, sugar and salt.
- Work in butter replacement with pastry cutter until mixture is crumbly.
- Prepare "buttermilk". To a mixing cup, add 1 T white vinegar and fill to the 1 cup mark with cashew milk. Stir to mix.
- Stir the "buttermilk" into the flour mixture until just blended.
- Roll out about 1 1/2" thick and cut out with a 3 inch round cookie cutter (or cut in squares).
- Bake for 10 - 12 minutes
As an Amazon Associate and member of other affiliate programs, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Nordic Ware Natural Aluminum Commercial Baker's Half Sheet
Set of 4 Reusable Silicone Macaron Baking Mats 0.75mm (2 Half Sheets and 2 Quarter Sheets), Non Stick Silicone Liner for Bake Pans and Rolling – Macaron, Pastry, Cookie, Bun, Brioche, Bread Making
Last Confection Pastry Blender Dough Cutter - Soft Grip Handle & Stainless Steel Blades - Professional Flour Mixer for Pasta, Pie Crust and Cake
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114 Total Fat: 8g Saturated Fat: 5g Trans Fat: 0g Unsaturated Fat: 3g Cholesterol: 20mg Sodium: 321mg Carbohydrates: 10g Net Carbohydrates: 0g Fiber: 0g Sugar: 1g Sugar Alcohols: 0g Protein: 1g